Ethical & organic philosophy
For a long time, many consumer habits have appeared to have no consequence. It is now quite apparent that there is an imbalance in standards of living throughout the world which is fuelled by the Wests’ continuing short changing and exploitation of labour markets in the so called third world.
We don’t believe anyone who is truly aware of what is going on in the world would want to turn their backs and support a slave trade economy.
Being into clothes we decided to do something about it. Certified organic, fair trade clothing that is ethically and sustainably made from seed to garment. Thank you for believing in what we do.
GOTS organic cotton
“The World Health Organisation estimates that 20,000 people a year die in developing countries from pesticide poisoning, and a further 3 million people suffer chronic health problems”.
An eco-friendly brand providing green apparel choices for a sustainable future. Choosing organic cotton goes beyond any fabric, benefitting the environment and society. Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified clothing ensures its organic status with strict compliance to environmental and social guidelines in all the processes involved in textile processing.
The factory in Izmir, Turkey where CarlijnQ garments are made has the following benefits:
- Only works with certified organic cotton;
- All fabric is dyed using Global Organic Textiles Standard (GOTS) approved dyes which are free of hazardous elements such as nickel, lead, formaldehyde, amines, pesticides and heavy metals;
- Employees receive a living wage, and the factory pays for their social security and pension funds;
- Employees receive paid holiday leave, sick pay, medical insurance, subsidies lunches and overtime pay;
- Employees work in a well lit, well ventilated and spacious working environment;
- Benefit from work place unions.
error: Content is protected!